Registration Process and Club Dues
1. Register with MN Rugby & USA Rugby
2. USA Rugby registration fee is $90
3. Club Dues for 2019 @ $100 per player – Dues can be made in payments. If dues are a financial hardship - contact Dusty @ (218) 340-2864 or email@example.com
Fees cover food for post-game socials, referee fees, sideline trainers, basic equipment needs. Checks should be made out to: North Shore Rugby
Equipment and Uniform needs - per player
1. NSR will supply game jerseys for all games.
2. Players must obtain:
a. Mouth guard – fitted guards are cheap at Lake Superior College
b. Footwear (rugby, soccer, or football with the toe cleat removed)
c. Black rugby shorts
d. Black game socks
e. Optional Equipment & Gear – compression shorts, scrum cap, protective gear, soft braces
- The general rule is “no metal or hard plastic allowed, fabrics only”
You can find a complete list of allowable protective gear at: www.worldrugbyshop.com
Player Safety Precautions in Rugby
1. Proper Tackling Technique will be taught – FORM tackles.
2. Concussion Management – all coaches have gone through training to ID concussions and address them.
3. Will always have player’s safety in mind: when in doubt, sit them out.
4. American Football vs. Rugby
a. No blocking, no diving or leaving the feet
b. Must wrap on tackle - no “putting a shoulder” into anyone
c. Only the ball carrier can legally be tackled
1. Players are NOT allowed to drive themselves to “away” games.
2. A parent/coach driver is preferred.
3. Parents are required to help get everyone down and back.
Team Sweats Order
Need a parent to help coordinate (contact Dusty @ (218) 340-2864 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Match socials.
2. Field prep & goal posts.
3. Game day programs.
4. Team photography & Video.
5. Half time energy food (home and away).
6. Game day beverage coordinator (home and away).
7. Uniform laundering.
8. Driving duties.
2019 Season Schedule and Opponents
1. Home Field Info: Billings Park Field 3903 N 18th, Superior, WI 54880.
2. Practice/Conditioning Info: Billings Park Field as well.
3. Practices will be 5:30-7:30 Tue & Thurs.
4. Games are typically on Sat.
Date Time Location Team